Monday 12 September 2016

Zom-B Circus - Book Review


Zom-B Circus (Zom-B #7.5)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
Could you survive a plague of zombies?

What would you sacrifice to stay alive?

Who would you try to save?

For one human, judgement day is coming...


What did I think of it:
Having read all twelve books in the Zom-B series I just had to get hold of this extra story to make my Zom-B collection complete. It's about Cat Ward, a teacher from B's school, and her story of survival.

This is a nice read, but I didn't like it as much as the books about B.

This is mainly because there's not a lot to like about Cat. There might be zombies, mutants and more, but when there's nothing to like about the lead character, and not enough to hate her there's not a lot to keep my attention. There was no urge to root for Cat or even the urge to push her in front of a horde of zombies.

So while I enjoyed another glimpse of B's world, the story didn't really do anything for me.

All in all I'd advice to get this book as an ebook unless you can track it down cheap in print, like I manged to do. I will keep it with the series, but it won't be the book I'll grab for rereading, that's for sure.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice zombie read.


Buy from amazon

No comments: