Friday 8 April 2016

Flying Blind - Book Review


Flying Blind (The Dragon Diaries Trilogy #1)
by Deborah Cooke


What is it about:
Zoë Sorensson is perfectly normal, except she's been told she's destined for great things. Zoë's the one female dragon shapeshifter of her kind. But Zoë is at the bottom of the class when it comes to being Pyr and her powers are AWOL, so she's sent to a Pyr boot camp.

Zoë quickly realizes that she has to master her powers yesterday, because the Pyr are in danger and boot camp is a trap. The Mages want to eliminate all shifters and the Pyr are next in line-unless Zoë and her friends can work together and save their own kind.


What did I think of it:
This is a nice read.

It's high on teenage drama, jealousy, and of course our leading lady is unsure which boy she likes the most. Still it's entertaining enough that I managed to take all those things for granted and not let it annoy me too much. It's also a quick read so I was already past the 25% point at which I usually decide to DNF a book, and almost halfway before feeling the urge to kick sense into the lot of them :-p

I liked the world building and this book made me curious about Cooke's adult series of which this series is a spin-off as far as I understand.

All in all this is an enjoyable enough read, but if I didn't already have the second book (I bought both at the same time at a bargain) I most probably wouldn't continue the series. As it is now I'll probably read the second book when I'm in the mood for some easy Paranormal YA.

Why should you read it:
It's a nice Paranormal YA read

buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: