Friday 4 September 2015

Trials of Death - Book Review


Trials of Death (Cirque du Freak #5)
by Darren Shan


What is it about:
The trials: seventeen ways to die unless the luck of the vampire is with you. Darren Shan must pass five fearsome Trials to prove himself to the vampires clan - or face the stakes of the Hall of Death. But Vampire Mountain holds hidden threats. Sinister, potent forces are gathering in the darkness. In this nightmarish world of bloodshed and betrayal, death may be a blessing...

What did I think of it:
So this book was the manga version instead of the normal paperback.

I will confess it was weird to suddenly see the characters as drawn for this manga. Having pictured them all very differently from how they are portrayed in this book, it took some getting used to.

But soon I was drawn into the story, which luckily was a lot more exciting than the previous book.

There were trials that Darren had to survive, fighting, backstabbing and lots more. I was hooked from the start and enjoyed myself very much with this book.

The manga drawings were nice, but interchangeable with almost every other generic manga out there. It's a shame that this genre is so bland, and that not more manga artists try to give their work something special. There are just a few manga artists that stand out for me.

That being said: I very much liked this book and I'm looking forward to the next book in this series, be it a normal book, or manga.

Why should you read it:
It's a very entertaining Vampire read.


buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

No comments: