Thursday 13 August 2015

On McPig's Wishlist - House of the Rising Sun

I'm wondering if I should give this series a try, or if I should first start with the House of Comarré series.


House of the Rising Sun (Crescent City #1)
by Kristen Painter


Augustine lives the perfect life in the Haven city of New Orleans. He rarely works a real job, spends most of his nights with a different human woman, and resides in a spectacular Garden District mansion paid for by retired movie star Olivia Goodwin, who has come to think of him as an adopted son, providing him room and board and whatever else he needs.

But when Augustine returns home to find Olivia's been attacked by vampires, he knows his idyllic life has comes to an end. It's time for revenge—and to take up the mantle of the city's Guardian.



buy the book from The Book Depository, free delivery

2 comments:

Kathy Martin said...

I read this one this summer and enjoyed it. I didn't love it enough to buy further books in the series though.

B.E. Sanderson said...

I read all the House of Comarre books. They were awesome. I haven't had time to start this series yet, though. I expect it'll be awesome, too. Kristen's a pretty darn good writer.