Monday 13 July 2015

Under Contract - Release Day Book Review by Voodoo Bride


Under Contract (Falling Under #3)
by Jeffe Kennedy


What is it about:
Ryan Black has admired Celestina Sala from afar for years, her lush body and sensual nature calling to the dominant in him. For just as many years, Celestina was off-limits—married, proud and self-sufficient. But all that has changed, and now Celestina is in debt and in need…and available. Ryan proposes a contract: he'll pay off her debt if she gives herself to him in bed, yielding control in exchange for the pain and pleasure he'll bring them both.

There are words for women who take money for sex, and none of them are nice ones. Celestina never thought she'd have to sink this low, but giving up control sounds more enticing than ever before. And suddenly it's not about having to give in to Ryan. It's about wanting to.

But when Ryan's dark past comes to light, they may both be in over their heads. The terms of his contract say her body is his…but her heart may be another story.

One thing is for sure—now that Ryan has Celestina, he can never let her go.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I should read more BDSM romance, because I really love the good ones that I read, but it's tricky. So often there's suddenly a menage, or other complications I do not want in my romance.

So every time Jeffe Kennedy has a new BDSM book out I rejoice, because her books have never disappointed me, or taken me into (for me) shady territory.

Under Contract is yet another wonderful BDSM romance that stole my heart.

Some readers might be uncomfortable at first about the deal Ryan and Celestina make, but I really liked how it was handled, and loved the edge it gave the romance.

Celestina is a wonderful heroine. She is in a difficult situation, but never does she become a victim. She has hidden strength. I also loved Ryan: both sophisticated and rough-edged, a delightful mix.

I will say that I was a bit apprehensive when I learned that Celestina takes care of her two nieces (children in romances can be really off-putting imo), but this part of the story was also really well done. The nieces were annoying and selfish at times, but never to a point where I wanted them gone. They added to the story in a believable way.

The romance is hot, intense, and with some delicious BDSM scenes. I was totally drawn into the story and couldn't put the book down until I finished it.

I will most certainly reread this whole series, and will be hoping Jeffe writes lots more BDSM romances.

Why should you read it:
It's a deliciously hot BDSM read.


Buy from:
Amazon - B&N - Kobo

1 comment:

Blodeuedd said...

Might be too hot for me