Monday 27 May 2013

Shady Lady - Book Review


Shady Lady (Corine Solomon #3)
by Ann Aguirre


What is it about:
Whenever Corine Solomon touches an object, she immediately knows its history. But the future concerns her more when former ally Kel Ferguson walks through her door with a warning for her: the Montoya cartel is coming for her-but they don't just pack guns. They use warlocks, shamans and voodoo priests. And Corine has become enemy number one...

What did I think of it:
Yet another great read in a really cool series.

I'm totally reading this series out of order and because I already read book 4 it took me some time to pick up this book, because I thought I'd pretty much knew the story already because it was referred to in book 4.

Let me tell you: this book is so good it doesn't matter if you already know the story or not. Aguirre manages to keep you interested not just with the story, but with character interaction and her writing as well.

I very much enjoyed this story and I loved reading more about Kel, who I really liked in book one and who stole the show in this book in my opinion. He's a really cool and intriguing character. Corine is a very likeable heroine as well I must say. I like how she isn't all good, but makes some choices that are questionable at best. It makes Corine more relatable, she isn't some wonderwoman who always knows right from wrong.

All in all I loved this book and I must get my trotters on book 5 soon.

Why should you read it:
It's a really cool Urban Fantasy read.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

5 comments:

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

it does sound like she's relatable!!

Melliane said...

I have book 1, and I need to try it. LOL at the end I'll have all her books. you made me buy her new series.

Sullivan McPig said...

You won't regret buying her books. They're really awesome.

Aurian said...

So glad you enjoyed it, even out of order. This series is still on my TBR. Someday...

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

I have the last book to get to yet. I've really enjoyed this series so much. Glad you are too. :)