Monday 30 April 2012

Sins of the Son - Book Review

Sins of the Son (Grigori Legacy #2)
by Linda Poitevin


What is it about:
When homicide detective Alexandra Jarvis sees a photo of Seth Benjamin on a police bulletin, she knows that Heaven's plan to halt Armageddon has gone terribly wrong. As the only mortal who knows of Seth's true nature, only she can save him.

Aramael was a hunter of Fallen Angels until a traitor forced him into earthly exile. Now, with no powers and only a faint memory of Alex, his mortal soulmate, he will stop at nothing to redeem himself-even if it means destroying Seth in the name of the Creator...


What did I think of it:
This book is brilliant, awesome and evil!!

I loved the first book in this series and immediately pre-ordered this one as soon as I finished Sins of the Angels, even though I was suspecting this book might have a love triangle.

And it does have a love triangle: One of the men Alex feels attracted to is selfish and petulant in my opinion, while the other is trying to do what's best for Alex and what's best for the world. Three guesses which one of them gets his heart stomped on.

But where other authors make me frown and throw the book across the room, Poitevin manages to write the story in such a way that even while I feel like kicking Alex I also feel like this is the way this story should play out. She manages to make me care for the story even when it's not doing what I want it to.

I muttered, I cursed, I hoped, I got angry, but never did I feel like I wanted to put the book down. I fell in love with it instead and couldn't stop reading until I finished it and I'll be rereading it for sure. Now the waiting for book three begins...

Why should you read it:
It's an excellently written and amazingly beautiful story!


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

4 comments:

Unknown said...

"This book is brilliant, awesome and evil!!"

LOL, I agree, I may even liked Sins of the Son better than the 1st book, only one "complaint": there could have been a bit more romance ;-)

Aurian said...

Great review Sullivan, I really need to start reading this series myself.

Melliane said...

wow I really need to get into this series. I know I always says the same, but really it's true! Why do I have so many books lol? thanks for the review!

Sharon Stogner said...

I agree with you! I love this story and characters. Lucifer and the One's story is so sad!