Thursday 12 January 2012

Fate's Edge - Book Review

Fate's Edge (The Edge #3)
by Ilona Andrews


What is it about:
Audrey Callahan left behind her life in the Edge, and she's determined to stay on the straight and narrow. But when her brother gets into hot water, the former thief takes on one last heist and finds herself matching wits with a jack of all trades...

Kaldar Mar-a gambler, lawyer, thief, and spy-expects his latest assignment tracking down a stolen item to be a piece of cake, until Audrey shows up. But when the item falls into the hands of a lethal criminal, Kaldar realizes that in order to finish the job, he's going to need Audrey's help...


What did I think of it:
This book won't end up as my favorite in the series, but it's an enjoyable read.

I had trouble with liking Kaldar I will confess. He's too much the smooth-talker used to get his way to make me feel sympathy for him. And as I really liked Audrey and wanted her to escape from the things that made her life difficult I didn't want to see the two end up with each other, so this made the romance frustrating and unsatisfying.

Luckily the story was really cool and two of the characters from On the Edge returned: Jack and George. I really like these two characters and I hope the Andrews duo decides to give them their own books further on in this series.

I'm looking forward to the next book in this series and while waiting I might give the Kate Daniels series by Andrews a chance.

Why should you read it:
It's a well written, action-packed UF.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

2 comments:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Glad you still enjoyed reading it, even if it's not the fav of the series. :) I need to get going with this series too. I'm now just getting to know Kate Daniels with her second book. So this will have to be in the future as well. ;) Thank you!

Melliane said...

I'm sorry you didn't like one of the character it's very difficult. I haven't read this series yet, I don't know why because I just love her other series. I really need to give it a try!!!