Thursday 15 December 2011

Romancing the Countess - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Romancing the Countess (Romancing #1)
by Ashley March


What is it about:
Sebastian Madinger, the Earl of Wriothesly, thought he'd married the perfect woman-until a fatal accident revealed her betrayal with his best friend. After their deaths, Sebastian is determined to avoid a scandal for the sake of his son. But his best friend's widow is just as determined to cast her mourning veil aside by hosting a party that will surely destroy both their reputations and expose all of his carefully kept secrets...

Leah George has carried the painful knowledge of her husband's affair for almost a year. All she wants now is to enjoy her independence and make a new life for herself-even if that means being ostracized by the Society whose rules she was raised to obey. Now that the rumors are flying, there's only one thing left for Sebastian to do: silence the scandal by enticing the improper widow into becoming a proper wife. But when it comes to matters of the heart, neither Sebastian nor Leah is prepared for the passion they discover in each other's arms....


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
An original and enjoyable Historical Romance.

I liked Sebastian from the start and his reaction to his wife's death and her betrayal was almost heartbreaking. Leah on the other hand was a person full of contradictions and much harder to understand at times. Still she's likeable and I rooted for both to find love again.

The romance between Leah and Sebastian is very well written and I loved the slow and realistic build up. Near the end of the book Leah was testing my patience though, I will confess, and I felt like wacking her, but luckily as this is a romance I finally did get the Happy End I wanted.

I have put the next book in this series (Seducing the Duchess) on my wishlist, because I certainly want to read more books by March.

Why should you read it:
It's an original and well written Historical Romance


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide


No comments: