Thursday 14 July 2011

Covet - Book Review by Voodoo bride


Covet (The Fallen Angels #1) by J.R. Ward

What is it about:
Redemption isn't a word Jim Heron knows much about-his specialty is revenge, and to him, sin is all relative. But everything changes when he becomes a fallen angel and is charge with saving the souls of seven people from the seven deadly sins. And failure is not an option.
Vin DiPietro long ago sold his soul to his business, and he's good with that-until fate intervenes in the form of a tough- talking, Harley-riding, self-professed savior. But then he meets a woman who will make him question his destiny, his sanity, and his heart-and he has to work with a fallen angel to win her over and redeem his own soul.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I usually like my romances to be paranormal, but this is one romance that would have worked better for me if it had ditched the paranormal stuff and had stayed well within the lines of contemporary romance.

I quite liked Vin and his love interest Marie-Terese and they have some very good scenes together, but I just couldn't buy all the paranormal stuff in this story. It felt unnecessary and overly complicated for what in fact is a rather straightforward romance. Add to that a suspense storyline that was crossing over in 'too much coincidence'-territory and I was close to putting the book down. I only finished the book because I really wanted to see Vin and Marie-Terese get their Happily Ever After.

Chances of me reading more in this series are slim to none, but I might give other books by Ward a try as I've heard many people rave about her Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Why should you read it:
It's a nicely written paranormal romance.


Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide

1 comment:

Jeffe Kennedy said...

Alas. BDB is good. The first one is a bit weak, but you should start there. Then it's excellent for quite a few books.