Saturday 18 June 2011

Fierce Dawn - Book Review by Voodoo Bride

Fierce Dawn by Amber Scott
ebook


What is it about:
Snarling teeth, glowing eyes. Someone--something--is after Sadie.

The man who haunts her dreams enters her reality, claiming she's transforming into a changeling--not quite immortal but no longer human.

Battlelines are drawn and blood spills as the two fight not only for her life, but for mankind's as well.


What did Voodoo Bride think of it:
I loved the romance and the world building in this story. Scott creates an original paranormal world that exists secretly alongside our own and which is filled with intriguing immortal creatures. Sadie is a complex character, both vulnerable and strong at the same time and the interaction between her and Elijah (the male lead) is wonderful to read. There were some other characters though who I really, truly disliked and who I would have kicked senseless if I'd been Sadie, but she's too kind to do so sadly enough. Annoyance for these individuals aside I really enjoyed the story and I'm looking forward to more books in this same setting.

Why should you read it:
It's got a really sexy, winged hero!