Wednesday 6 April 2011

Sucker Punch - Movie Review

Sucker Punch

What is it about:
A young girl is institutionalized by her abusive stepfather. Retreating to an alternative reality as a coping strategy, she envisions a plan which will help her escape from the mental facility.

What did I think of it:
If you want a well thought out story do not go see this movie. If on the other hand you want a movie with stunningly beautiful visuals (including the scantily clad ladies who act in this movie), great special effects and lots of cool action this is your movie. Really: this movie is a feast for the eyes and on top of that it has World War One Steampunk Zombies as well! I must admit I had expected more from the story, but in the end I wasn't disappointed as the visuals and kick-ass action more than enough made up for the lack of strong plot.

Why should you see it:
World War One Steampunk Zombies!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

I saw Sucker Punch last night and I have to agree. Beautifully shot and fantasic action - feels a little like a long music video at time but so pretty to watch!

vvb32 reads said...

do i want to see this? you betcha!