Tuesday 27 July 2010

Teaser Tuesdays - Henry VIII: Wolfman


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


He sighed. 'Look, Agatha, why don't you just be the Witchfinder General from now on? It's really more your sort of thing than mine anyway.' He imagined himself back at the farmhouse, tending to the garden and looking after his bees...
(Page 31, Henry VIII: Wolfman by A.E. Moorat)

11 comments:

Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Why do I feel that Henry VIII would have been improved if he had been a wolf? =P

On the other hand, I'm glad he wasn't, because he'd give my beloved wolves a bad name!

Interesting book, Sully. You always manage to find great ones I haven't heard of. =)

jlshall said...

Well, this one might not be for me, but I do love the cover! Excellent teaser, too!

Kathy Martin said...

Love the teaser! That sounds like a fun book to read. I'll be eager to hear what you think of it since I am a new follower. My teaser is from Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James. Happy reading!

Sullivan McPig said...

I read A.E. Moorat's other book 'Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter' and loved that one, so couldn't resist buying this one.
@Kathy: Welcome! I checked out your blogs and followed Inside of a Dog (Love that title btw)

Alayne said...

I love this teaser and the book cover is great! My teaser is at The Crowded Leaf.

Sweet Vernal Zephyr said...

NIce teaser. I've been waffling over whether to read a reinterpreted historical...

Mine is up as well, from the Anita Blake Series -> HERE

Sullivan McPig said...

I've read a couple of them and I like reading them especially when it's original writing, I'm not so fond of the mash-ups where things are added to the original text of a book/classic

Anonymous said...

I get the feeling it'll be a while before he can get back to the bees.

pussreboots said...

I can see myself reading this book. I look forward to your review. Mine's from Devil to Pay, a book I wrote.

Jenna JL said...

Sounds like a good book. I like the idea of reinterpreting historical novels with supernatural elements.

My teaser is here.

Midnight Sapphire Books said...

I didn't know about this book. Love that cover!
BTW, I can imagine him as a wolf ...