Monday 17 May 2010

Silver Borne - Book Review

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

What is it about:
When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down.
It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.
All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...


What did I think of it:
The werewolves and fae are back with a vengeance in this fifth installment and how! I loved this book, it had all the things that make the Mercy Thompson series such a treat: werewolves, fae, sneaky intrigue and Mercy kicking ass! The one thing I can say against this story is that at some point there was something introduced quite out of the blue, which could easily have been mentioned at in earlier books so it would have felt more natural than it did now. (Wow, that sounds vague, but I'm afraid to be too spoilery if I try to be less vague.) All in all I'm eager for more Mercy, but I'll have to wait a while for book 6.

Why should you read it:
What? You're telling me you still haven't started on this series? ;-)

1 comment:

titania86 said...

I haven't started this series, but it's totally going on my reading list! Great review!