Tuesday 22 September 2009

The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh

Today's review is about a classic: The Complete Winnie-the-Pooh.

What is it about:
It's about a bear who lives in a forest and has many adventures together with his friends.

Why do I like it:
It might be a children's book, but it has everything you could want from a book: interesting characters with whom you can relate (aren't we all a bit of an eyeore, a piglet or a rabbit from time to time?). It has funny stories, moving stories, weird stories and best of all: Winnie's best friend is a pig!!

Why should you read it:
Ever read these stories again since you were a child? No? Get it now and read it, you will be surprised by how much it still relates to you and the people and situations around you. It's no coïncidence that there's books about Taoism, management and such using Pooh to explain things to you.

8 comments:

The Rambling Taoist said...

Yes, Benjamin Hoff presents a convincing argument for the "uncarved pooh"!

Eve Noir said...

Great review! I've noticed that too...looking back at books I've read when I was young & seeing how it relates to being an adult now too. Very interesting. I don't think I've read any Pooh stories. :( I wonder if we have any in our library at work. Hm...my younger sister loved POOH growing up. I remember her having a wind-up Pooh plush for a long time. ("Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh" it chimed or whatever it's called)

And yes I think we're all a bit Piglet, Pooh, Rabbit, Owl, Eeyore, at times. I'm using Eeyore, :)

Xox~

Eve Noir said...

Whoops...USUALLY...;)

permanentcloud said...

wonderful book! :) i have to agree with eve...i can definitely still find myself applying lessons from books like these to my life as an adult. that's what makes books like this truly classics!

Sullivan McPig said...

@the rambling taoist: I agree although I must confess I like the Teh of Piglet even better (big surprise to those who know me ;-) ).

The Rambling Taoist said...

It just goes to show that different works speak to different people! While I thought The Tao of Pooh was splendid, I didn't care too much for The Teh of Piglet.

Hammie Hamster said...

We know Pooh bear but never read the book. Nice review!

The Queen of Clearance said...

I had no idea about this blog! I looove winnie the pooh and have a book with (what I assume to be) the whole collection...I'll have to look into it!